Wednesday, December 3, 2008

So Grateful!!!


We were in Idaho the whole week of Thanksgiving and are still trying to get back into the swing of things! I wanted to take the opportunity to 'count my many blessings'. Parker had yet another head CT as well as a wrist x-ray before we left town. His pediatrician was concerned that he might have Rickets (trouble metabolizing vitamin D) and she has been monitoring a couple of concerns she had with his head growing too quickly and other things. Anyway, she called me Monday and gave me the wonderful news that everything was normal! The 'area of concern' in his brain is completely gone! Hopefully this means no more head CTs! YAY! I am so grateful for Parker's birth parents and the sacrifice they made so that we could be parents. We love them so much and thank Heavenly Father constantly for them. I am so grateful for such a hard working, loving husband. I am grateful for the priesthood in our home. I am also grateful for my brothers, brothers-in-law and father-in-law who are all worthy priesthood holders. I know that if Bryan is out of town, I could call any of them and they would be here in a heart beat. I am also thankful for all of the women, family and friends, in my life. They are such great examples of true daughters of God. I am so grateful that I am able to stay home with my sweet little boy. I am so thankful that he is happy and healthy! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving in Idaho with our family and can't wait for all the holiday parties and celebrations in the next month. I am so grateful for all of the blessings that my Heavenly Father has given me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear things are ok with Parker. I didn't even know there were any concerns but I am happy to hear good news.

Stephanie said...

Congrats (for lack of a better word) on the good news about Parker.