Monday, January 19, 2009

Patience

So, there is this amazing adoptive mom that has an awesome blog. I read a quote on her blog that really sums up the 'waiting' to adopt children. "Everywhere in nature we are waiting. We want things a long time before we get them, and the fact that we want them a long time makes them all the more precious when they come." (Joseph F. Smith) We are so close (we hope) to putting our application in again that I am starting to feel the anxiety of the 'waiting' part of adoption again. I have been thinking a lot about what I learned from 'waiting' for Parker. Our Heavenly Father knows what is best for us and the righteous desires of our hearts will be given to us when and if He sees fit. I was fortunate enough to receive the blessing of being a mother in this life. I just have to remember this time that I can do what I can to get the ball rolling, but Heavenly Father will decide how fast it rolls after that. I'm hoping having Parker will keep me too busy to think about it too much. Maybe? Here's to hoping for no unexpected expenses in the next month and if anybody hears of any potential birth mothers, don't hesitate to send them our way!

5 comments:

CasaJenkins said...

that is really exciting I hope it all works out good for you. You should share you story and start an account for people to help you with the expenses, I would donate. We are having a get together on the 31st of this month at 730pm if you can make it let me know.

disabilitydiva said...

I love the quote. Truly what we have to wait for is precious to us. I cried when BAJA went to nursery, now Sunbeams. You will cry happy tears too. You will find your missing family member. Hopefully our efforts together will find our children!!Love ya!

Anthony and Christel said...

I hope that this second time around will be quick for all of you. I think it is so wonderful that you and your husband have Parker in your life, and he is truly blessed to have such wonderful parents.

bow mom said...

Oh Lins. I truely pray you wait is painless and fruitful. I'll keep my ears open.

Laura said...

Good luck with #2-I think we all hate waiting, especially the two year olds in our life!