Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Get Comfortable...

You may want to take a potty break, get a snack/drink and get comfortable, this is going to be a lengthy post! Here goes! Against our better judgment, we signed Parker up for soccer. He spent most of the games running around chasing his friends, not the ball. He also learned a trick from his friend Cole. They would pull their shirts up over their faces and run around. He just recently started his campaign to sign up again, but so far he hasn't convinced us to fork out the $40!

This is typical for Parker and his friends at soccer

He might not really pay attention to what is happening in the game, but at least he's having fun!

This is one of his new favorite poses! Where does he come up with these things?

Here he is after his last game with his trophy!

Parker and I had about a month long discussion about what he wanted to be for Halloween this year. Apparently, gone are the days when I can just pick a costume for him and he will wear it without putting up too much of a fight. He started out wanting to be a shark, (he is just a little obsessed) then a crab, frog, octopus (and I'm sure more animals that I can't remember) batman, and finally we settled on the three of us dressing up as Alvin, Simon and Theodore a.k.a. The Chipmunks. He wanted to be Theodore, so one day we were heading to Walmart and I told him we were going to look for a green sweatshirt for his Theodore costume. He then informed me that he didn't want to be The Chipmunks anymore! He wanted to be a transformer! I couldn't figure out where he had come up with that one since he's never seen a transformer cartoon or movie. I had seen a Bumble Bee costume at Walmart, so this is how the conversation went: Mom-"Do you want to be Bumble Bee? Parker-"No, what's that other guy's name?" Mom-"Do you mean Optimus Prime?" Parker-"Yeah, I want to be Optimus Prime." So, we looked at the costumes and I couldn't believe they had an Optimus Prime costume, in his size, and it was only $12! They only catch was that it had a mask. I showed it to him and asked him if he would wear it. He immediately put it on and wore it the entire time we were in Walmart and in the car on the way home. We went to our ward Halloween Party, trunk or treat and then had our friends, the Moellers, over for a Halloween/Utah football party! We had a great time eating, passing out candy and listening to the kids play. I think we even watched a little football in there somewhere!
He won a cupcake at the cake walk!

Parker's friends Jacob and Tate at our house after trunk or treat

My masterpiece: Football Cheese Ball!

Our little Optimus Prime all dressed up!

We took advantage of some really nice weather at the beginning of Nov and went to the zoo. Bryan was able to come with us and we had a fun day together! Bryan and Parker we fascinated by the rattle snake that was drinking out of its water dish. I couldn't stand to look at it! Needless to say, snakes are not my favorite thing at the zoo! I did however enjoy watching this giraffe lick the door frame with its freakishly long tongue!

Watching the creepy rattle snake!

Riding the carousel is a must every time we go to the zoo!


Our long-tongued giraffe friend

No comments: