Thursday, October 23, 2008
Yipee!!!!
After 9 months of working at Michaels I am finally quitting! I had somewhat of a nervous breakdown the other day that had been building for a while. I just feel like I am being pulled in 50 directions and nothing is getting done. Between my church calling, my other jobs as a mother and a nanny, keeping up with the house (which I haven't been doing at all) something just had to change. I don't know how we are going to manage things, but Bryan and I decided it wasn't worth my sanity for the money I was making. Thanks for being so understanding honey! I just feel like my priority should be my family and home right now. I had two days a week apart where I went from my nanny job, home to change and then went to Michaels. One of those days was Tuesday this week. My mom came in to the store and brought Parker with her. He had just woken up from his nap and wasn't in the best of moods. Also, he is sick again! I was in the middle of the store and recognized my child saying, "No! No!" I went up front and saw my mom trying to get him to sit in the cart. As soon as he saw me he wanted me to pick him up. Anyway, he pretty much cried for me the entire time they were in the store. I had to go to my register and listen to him crying for me and there was nothing I could do about it. I hated that feeling and I think that was pretty much the straw that broke the camel's back. After he left I went to the bathroom and bawled my eyes out. I cried all the way home and when I got there Bryan and I had a nice talk and decided it just wasn't worth it. I told him I could go without anything for Christmas, I just needed to be home! So yesterday I explained things to my manager and my last day is Nov 1st. I am relieved in a way, but still a little worried about how we're going to make it. Now we can go to Idaho for Thanksgiving and not worry about coming back the next day so I can work. I really feel like I am doing the right thing and Heavenly Father will help us get through this. Wow, sorry about the long story, but I needed to get that off my chest! I feel much better! Thanks to Mom and Hez for taking wonderful care of my baby. Thank you to my wonderful husband for dealing with a basket case for a wife. I love you all so much and I am so lucky to have such a loving and supportive family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
You will TOTALLY be blessed! Ryan and I have been penny pincher's for 4 years now that I have been home. It is SOOO hard, but we are so blessed. We just eat simple, we don't EVER go out to eat.. and for Christmas/bday's coming up I do all my shopping online waiting for the right deal. We can talk! When things have been TOO tight for us that we were worried about making a house payment, we have doubled our Fast Offerings, and each time we could physically see the blessings. Whether is was bags of hand-me-down clothes or someone bringing us boxes of diapers from their kid who out grew them or even family who was 'in-tune' and just handed us money for no reason. You will be blessed, just let the Lord know your feelings.
That is great Linds, a mother's sanity is never worth any amount of money. I am excited for you. I know our Heavenly Father is aware of you and the needs of your family. You will be greatly blessed. Yay!!!!!!!
Post a Comment