The following week we had playgroup at the zoo. It was so much fun going with a big group of our friends from the ward. Parker even went down the snake slide at the playground, which I don't think he has ever done! it must have been the peer pressure because all of his friends were doing it!
We also went to a Bees game with Vicki, Matt and Matson. Bryan's parents and his nephews were there too, but they weren't sitting by us. Swoop was also there since it was U of U employee night. Parker and I chased him down and got a picture with him, then later he came over to our section and was signing t-shirts that he had thrown out into the crowd. Parker had his U of U hat, so he wanted Swoop to sign it! It was fun eating ball park food and visiting with family. The game was ok (not a huge baseball fan and the Bees weren't very good that night!) and I think Parker had a really good time!This poor girl! Swoop used her head as a desk to sign a bunch of shirts! She was a really good sport!
That same week Bryan and I went golfing with his sister Melanie and her husband Tracy. It is the first time I've been golfing in a long time and since getting my own clubs. We've been to the driving range several times, and I thought I was sort of getting the hang of it. My first tee shot we actually pretty good, and I thought I might actually do alright. We didn't keep score or anything and just played the best shot, but my game went down hill after my first shot. It was still fun and I hope we can go more so I can get some more practice!
We were also able to squeeze in a field trip out to the copper mine with Melanie and her kids before school started. I'd never been out there and it was pretty cool to see the actual mine as well as learn all the things that copper is used for!Parker and Bekah looking down into the mine
Parker had been asking all summer if we could sleep in our backyard in the tent. We didn't get any camping in this year until Labor Day because of how busy I was this summer, so we decided to go ahead and sleep outside. Well, we got it all set up and even took the portable dvd player out so he could watch a movie in the tent! Eventually we all went to sleep only to have Parker wake up at 3 am covered in hives! I have no idea what brought it on, but I spent about an hour up with him. I gave him a bath, gave him benadryl and rocked him for a while. Then he insisted on going back out to sleep in the tent! I ended up sleeping the rest of the night on a twin air mattress with him. It was ridiculous! The hives were totally gone in the morning, but came back again the next night! It was really weird and I still don't know what they were from! We'll see if we try sleeping out in the backyard again next summer!





No comments:
Post a Comment