Monday, January 10, 2011

January Blahs?

I don't know for sure what is going on right now. Maybe it's the January blahs, maybe it's PMS, for sure throw in some infertility blues...maybe I just need an attitude adjustment! It might be a combination of all of them! All I know is I am having a hard time right now! We had Stake Conf this weekend. It was a tough one for me. I was released from my calling as the 1st counselor in the Stake YW Presidency, more on that later. One of the hymns was "Count Your Blessings" "When upon life's billows you are tempest-tossed, When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost, Count your many blessings; name them one by one, And it will surprise you what the Lord has done." Then a friend posted this scripture on fb this morning: "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." (Isa 41:10) So today as I try to catch up on all the things around here I have been slacking on, I will be counting my many blessings (one of whom is sitting on my lap right now) and keeping a prayer in my heart that Heavenly Father will help strengthen and uphold me while I try to muddle though this difficult time. So bare with me as I try to get my act together as I start a new year! (I know I'm a little late, but I am an habitual procrastinator!) I may blog less, maybe more, I don't know. We'll see what happens!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm right there with ya Lindsay! Maybe we should at least be "blah" together!!! There is nothing like a good "blah" fest!!

Lindsay said...

Yes we should get together! Maybe our blahs will be a little less blah! I really am looking forward to card club starting up again!

DisabilityDiva said...

Oh Lindsay sorry there is BLAH!! I really hope this is your very best year!!