Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My Baby is TWO!


How did this happen? It seems like time went by so slowly when I went from wanting a baby so bad it hurt, to waiting and waiting and waiting to adopt, to finally receiving my sweet bundle of baby boy joy! Where did my baby go? Where did the last two years go? Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed watching him grow and learn new things. I love hearing him talk and finally figuring out what he is saying when he says a new word for the first time. But he is not my sweet little cuddly baby anymore. I didn't think I could get baby hungry again after Parker, but I am. He is so fun and I love singing with him and reading to him. I love how he associates football (anytime he sees football, pro, college whatever) with his dad and the Utes! I love how he says, "I love you" and gives kisses and hugs! Time outs have become a regular occurrence at our house. So have viewings and Monsters Inc. Nemo and, until it was ruined recently, Beauty and the Beast. I love how he says, "Uh" in front of everything, usually when he's telling me he wants something. Like, "Uh bye bye" or "Uh Batman" Oh, that's another thing. He calls fruit snacks, "Batman" because we usually buy the Batman kind, but any fruit snacks are Batman. He associates letters with family and friends. When he sees an A he says, "Addi" for his cousin, D for Dada and Uncle Dustin etc. It's so cute when he's in the bath tub with his foam letters. We have to find all our family's letters and stick them on the side of the tub. He does recognize A, E and R other places besides the tub. I think I'm going to make him an ABC book for Christmas, shhhh don't tell! He has finally figured out how to drink from a straw. I don't know why this concept was so hard for him, but he finally got it! He now prefers to drink water and juice from a cup with a straw, but still drinks his milk out of his sippy cup. If you ask him what color something is, it's always green. He loves playing with his friends from nursery. He gets so excited when I'm looking at their parents' blogs and sees pictures of them. I love that he calls his aunt Heather by her nickname "Hez." I could go on for days! I know I can't stop time or make it go slower, so I just have to learn to enjoy every minute! Before I know it he'll be leaving on his mission and I'll be saying, "Where did my little boy go?"
***Disclaimer*** For those of you who don't enjoy reading long posts or people going on and on about their kids, sorry. I am hoping to use this blog as a journal of sorts and, if I ever get around to scrapbooking again, I will use these posts as journaling on my pages.

No comments: