Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Watch Good Things Utah!

I know it's probably too late to be posting this, but I didn't have the idea until just now. Bryan and I belong to an organization called Families Supporting Adoption or FSA. November is National Adoption Month and Good Things Utah will be having a segment on tomorrow's show, Wednesday, Nov. 5th. For those of you who may not be familiar it's on at 10:00 am on ABC channel 4. I will be in the studio audience along with other adoptive parents. They may even show a family picture of us. If you read this post in time, spread the word to those you know here locally that can watch. You never know who might know someone who is thinking about placing a child or a couple who may be looking for a support system. There are quite a few couples that find their children through what the agency calls "designated adoption", someone they know helps them find their birth mother. That is how we found Parker. So even if you don't read this in time to spread the news about watching Good Things Utah, remember that it is National Adoption Month and spread the word about how wonderful adoption can be! I usually don't get political, but especially now that our President Elect is Obama, we need to get the word out that there are other options to abortion. Adoption is a wonderful blessing in our life and countless other couples. Please help spread the word and pray that more birth moms will choose adoption. Sorry, let me get down from my soap box. This is one of the few subjects that I am very passionate about. I love Parker's birth parents and am grateful to them every day for the beautiful gift they have given us. It was about two years ago actually that we found out they had chosen us to adopt Parker. What a happy day that was! So, watch Good Things Utah and spread the word about adoption!

No comments: